Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Birth of a Blog

I finally decided to jump on the Web 2.0 bandwagon and create my own blog. The decision to create my own blog came a week ago but I couldn't decide on a name. After days of careful thinking, by which I mean a frustrating twenty minutes of checking available names only to find that almost every name had been taken, I decided on "Insert Generic Name", a bit bland, but it sends a a statement. After all, why does the name of my blog even matter? It should be the content of the blog which should attract readers, not the name itself. For all it matters, I could have named my blog dfgdfnhguiohtrkfsdf, but knowing this site, that name would have also already been taken.

I don't know what sort of following this blog will have. It doesn't really matter; this blog serves as an opportunity for me to think out loud. It will be ultimately be a collection of things that I find interesting. Hopefully, you'll leave with something which you can apply into the real world. Like Tupac once said, "I don't claim I'll change the world, but hopefully I'll inspire someone who will."

0 comments: